Young Justice: Legacy

Freedom Factory Studios 

Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC



Description:

Young Justice: Legacy is an action RPG game based on the Young Justice TV series by DC Comics and Warner Bros. The game is set between season one and two, and place the Team in a mission of finding a missing archaeologist who is researching an ancient statue of legendary power. 

Players can make a team of three characters from a roster of twelve heroes and explore various environments from the TV series. In order to get their goal and defeat the evil forces, heroes can make use of their combos and special abilities in beat'em up style combats. As players progress and defeat enemies, they gather experience that will be used for leveling up their powers and skills.

The game features local and online co-op multiplayer up to three players. It also has a bunch of extras such as alternative costumes or extra unlockable challenges where players need to accomplish certain tasks. For example, defeating a certain amount of enemies without taking damage.

My role:

  • Game Designer
  • Combat Design
  • Character Design
  • Boss & Enemy Design
  • Level Design
  • Sound Design

I was in charge of creating, implementing and balancing characters. It includes their combos and special abilities with upgrades and variations. I also designed enhancements that players can buy and equip to their squad.

I designed, implemented and balanced all enemies. From minions of every typology and classes to bosses, including their mechanics and super powers.

I contributed with the level designer in creating and implementing puzzles for some chapters, using the established mechanics and resources. I also helped him with level decoration, performance optimization, interactive objects and combat zones integration.

Finally, I was the only designer dedicated to edit, insert and adjust all in-game SFX for characters and environments, including voices. In this process, almost all sounds needed to be edited or processed in some way before been added to the game.

As extra task, I captured, edited and compressed visual material for making promotional content and trailers.

Tools used:

  • Havok Vision Engine (vForge, vAnimTool, vModelViewer, vResourceViewer)
  • Audacity, Adobe Audition CS6
  • Fraps
  • Sony Vegas Pro 11
  • Redmine, Mantis Bug Tracker
  • TortoiseSVN
  • Word, Excel







 

About Me

I'm a video game designer from Madrid, Spain.

I've been working in video game industry since 2008, bringing my experience to several projects in gameplay design, character design, puzzle design and content design.

.

I'm also specialized in technical jobs, implementing and adjusting content such as mechanics, systems, difficulty balancing, rules, learning curve, directing, pacing, rewards and accessibility.

I have a versatile profile that has allowed me to work on a variety of game genres such as action, adventure, beat'em up, multiplayer online hack'n'slash, racing or kids.

.

In order to carry out my job, I always try to master the studio's tools and technology, offering the best working method while keeping in mind the scope of the project.

I'm hard-working and I always look for things to be successfully done, helping and motivating my team partners. This is the best way of acquiring new knowledge and facing new challenges.